Why can’t I add or delete an instructor from a 6971, 7979, or 7980 section?

Sections 6971, 7979, and 7980 are graduate thesis or dissertation sections which are maintained through the Graduate Information Management System (GIMS). GIMS is the system of record for all graduate school sections, and as such, changes to these sections must be made through the GIMS system.

If you are not the graduate administrator for your college or department, you will need to see that person to make a change to a committee assignment.