Armando Ramirez has retired after 35 years. Congratulations!
Introduction – Academic Activities Reporting
His last day was Friday, July 15, 2022.
Please direct all AAR questions and requests to the IPR AAR Administrators at UF-AAR-ADMIN@aa.ufl.edu
For questions please contact :
- Always ask if you are not sure!
- It’s okay to ask even if you think you know the answer.
Academic Activities Reporting (AAR) is completed campus-wide by all units offering courses. Completing AAR consists of five primary functions:
- Identifying the instructor(s) of a course.
- Allocating contact hours to the instructor(s).
- Identifying the employee record. The employee record number is the Job Appointment for which an employee is paid by the University of Florida. A job appointment in which the employee is receiving compensation for teaching courses, for supervising students or for the work that they are doing on instructional activities. If the job appointment is not within your department, please contact the other department to make sure which job appointment is the most appropriated one to use. Please never guess or assume the assignments of job appointments to any of the activities.
- Identifying when self-funded (off-book) courses need to be reported to Effort. If the course is taught in load and the faculty member is paid from fund 143 as a salaried expense, then let IPR know that the course needs to be reported to Effort. In this case, or if you have any questions about reporting off-book courses, please contact the administration list for AAR in Institutional Planning and Research at UF-AAR-ADMIN@aa.ufl.edu
- Before you assign a Lump Sum Payment employee record, please read the HR policy at http://training.hr.ufl.edu/instructionguides/managing_epaf/AdditionalPaymentsPolicy_Guide.pdf
This guide is designed to assist Department Administrators and Faculty to understand the processes and policies surrounding AAR and the AAR System, as well as to provide easy access to resources and assistance needed to complete AAR in an accurate and timely manner.