Introduction - Academic Activities Reporting
Academic Activities Reporting (AAR) is completed campus-wide by all units offering courses. Completing AAR consists of three primary functions:
- Identifying the instructor(s) of a course,
- Allocating contact hours to the instructor(s), and
- Identifying the employee record.
This guide is designed to assist Department Administrators and Faculty to understand the processes and policies surrounding AAR and the AAR System, as well as to provide easy access to resources and assistance needed to complete AAR in an accurate and timely manner.
- The AAR system will close for the Spring 2018 term on 05/11/2018.
- The AAR System will open to Campus for Summer 2018 term on 05/11/2018. Please communicate with your department Course Coordinator to ensure that the Schedule of Courses has been accurately enter
- The AAR System for Fall 2017 will be closed permanently just before we re-open Spring 2018 for corrections. No further changes can be made to Fall 2017 term course sections after it is closed.
- Other IPR memos:
Note: Training is offered to provide assistance to groups or one-on-one with the AAR system. If you have questions regarding AAR, please use this website. If you still have a question afterward, please contact Armando Ramirez using the contact information below to schedule a special training session.
For questions please contact :
The AAR deadline for Spring 2018 term is 05/11/18; AAR will re-open for the Spring 2018 term at the end of June 2018 for the corrections period. This allows AAR Coordinators to make any corrections ahead of the opening of Effort reporting for the Spring 2018 term.
Summer 2018 (05/08/2018 – 08/04/2018)
- 05/08/18: First day of classes, beginning of Drop/Add
- 05/09/18: End of Drop/Add
- 05/11/18: AAR system opens for Summer2018 term
- 07/05/18: Base count deadline
- 07/25/18: Notification email will be sent to faculty (see note*)
- 08/04/18: Last day of classes
- 08/05/18: End of Finals week; graduation ceremonies
- 08/07/18: Head count deadline—all course sections must be complete in AAR
- 08/10/18: AAR system closes for Summer 2018 term
*NOTE: Please inform your faculty members about the email notification that they will receive on July 25th with the sections that have been assigned to them by their department in AAR. They will need to review and acknowledge if the assigned sections are correct and will need to contact you (the AAR Coordinator) if they have question or concerns regarding the assigned sections.