How do I know if a self-funded (off-book) course needs to be reported on the effort report?

At times faculty may teach off-book courses as part of their normal load, for institutional base salary. If faculty are paid out of fund 143 (as a salaried expense, rather than lump sum payment), then the course needs to be reported in Effort. In this case, or if you have any questions about reporting off-book courses, please contact the IPR AAR Administrators at